This policy is effective as of March 28, 2011.
Keeping Your Information Safe and Secure
Highlights Of Our Commitment To You
- We do not sell customer information to third parties.
- We do not share customer information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you.
- We safeguard your customer information carefully.
- We are committed to protecting your customer information in every transaction, at every level of our organization.
- We are committed to helping you protect your privacy every day.
How We Protect And Use Customer Information
1. We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose.
- We limit employee access to customer information to those who have a business reason to know. Employees are required to honor our code of conduct, which includes standards for protecting customer confidentiality.
- We maintain policies and procedures covering the proper physical security of workplaces and records.
- Our physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards meet or exceed federal standards regarding the protection of customer information.
- We require contractors and outside companies who work with us to adhere to strict privacy standards through their contracts with us.
2. We collect and maintain customer information as part of servicing your account and your customer relationship.
In the course of serving you, we collect information about you from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide to us on applications or forms, such as your income, Social Security number, and accounts with others;
- Information we receive from an outside company, such as a credit bureau, regarding your credit history or employment status; or
- Information about your transactions or experiences with companies affiliated with Vulcan Investments LLC.
3. The customer information we collect is used to service your accounts and meet your financial needs.
Information may be used by Vulcan Investments LLC, as well as with authorized third parties (described
in section 4), for a number of purposes, such as:
- To protect your accounts from unauthorized access or identity theft and to verify your identity.
- To process your requests such as withdrawals.
- To service your accounts by issuing account statements.
- To keep you informed about financial services of interest to you.
- To manage our business and protect our interests.
4. We do not share customer information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you.
We may disclose the information we collect to non-affiliated third parties that are acting on our behalf,
or as permitted or required by law, including:
- Companies that perform support services for us, such as data processors, technical systems consultants, or broker/dealers.
- Government entities, courts or other entities (in response to subpoenas and other legal processes), or those with whom you have requested us to share information.
Tips To Help You Protect Your Personal Information
- Carry only necessary information with you. Leave your Social Security card and unused credit cards at home in a safe location.
- Make photocopies of vital information you carry regularly and store them in a secure place, such as a safe deposit box.
- Do not provide your Social Security Number unless absolutely necessary.
- Shred documents containing personal or financial information before discarding. Fraud and identity theft often occurs as a result of mail and garbage theft.
- Place outgoing mail in a U.S. Postal Service mailbox to reduce the chance of mail theft.
- Promptly retrieve incoming mail to reduce the opportunity for theft.
- Monitor your credit report for accuracy. By law, you are entitled to receive one free credit file disclosure every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies.
- To learn more or request a copy of your credit report, visit annualcreditreport.com or call 1-877-322-8228.
Unsolicited Credit Offers
If you want to reduce the number of credit offers you receive, contact the National Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies at 1-888-567-8688 (1-888-5-OPTOUT) or visit www.optoutprescreen.com for details. Financial institutions and other companies provide information to the Credit Bureaus for credit verification, fraud control purposes, and prevention of identity theft. You may direct these agencies not to sell or share this information about you for marketing purposes.
The policies and practices described in this disclosure are subject to change, but we will communicate any significant changes to you as required by law. The policies and practices described in this disclosure replace all previous notices or statements regarding this subject